Friday, June 18, 2010

Mitsubishi Endeavor 2005 LS Aftermarket Stereo Installation

I wanted to have iPod support & bluetooth to my 05 Endeavor, but it seems the stock stereo has no way of hooking up an aux-in. I thought of getting a Garmin Nuvi 765T that has bluetooth & aux-in and use it on the fm radio... But I guess I figured I *could* install an aftermarket stereo all by my self (famous last words).

This was a pain to do! Seems all the online info is mostly for XLS owners which have the upgraded Infinity stereo system. I have the LS trim, so the option was to either make a new dash panel (yeah right, I can't even cut with scissors in a straight line!) or to use the lower pocket on the dashboard. That couldn't be too bad, could it?

In the end, success! I'll describe the issues I found and some pics...

No comments: