Friday, January 30, 2009

Now a PS3...

So now I got a PS3. Setup was pretty easy, but I still have major issues with its GUI.

Seems very old fashioned, very cluttered. On one hand it's nice to see the past menus you came from, but it just makes it look very busy.

Streaming with TVersity "just works". I love that it can play VOB files directly, whereas the 360 seems to have issues with them. It would be even more awesome if I enable subtitles from the VOB file (maybe it's not inside it)!

Blu-Ray and DVD playback is easier than the 360; I love that it can autoplay the movies when you turn the console on, whereas on the 360 you have to browse to the DVD or HD-DVD drive on My Xbox, then click on Play Movie.

It seems to run way hotter than my 360 for some reason, maybe the 360 has one of the newer chips that makes it run cooler?

I measured 106 degrees F inside the audio cabinet with the door closed, wow! (It accidentally stayed on when the cabinet door was closed...). I'm afraid to run this same test on the 360 :)

The only thing that really irritates me is that I can't play any PS2 games on it. Seriously, what's the deal with that?

I really hope Sony's working on a PS3 software emulator. There were so many games I almost bought for PS2, but thankfully I read the PS3's box... Not all of us had a PS2, Sony!

No comments: